- The number of physicians in the United States is 700,000
- Accidental deaths directly related to the actions of physcians per year are around 120,000
- The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.0000188
(Statistics courtesy of FBI)
Statistical fact: Doctors are approximately 9,000 more dangerous than gun owners. Conclusion: Guns don’t kill people, doctors do.
Fact: Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor!
Drugs and doctors are listed as the third-leading cause of death in the United States, responsible for the deaths of around 250,000 people per year. Estimates range from 225,000 to 284,000 people and this is in the face of well-recognized underreporting of adverse drug effects by physcians and hospitals.
The reported deaths per year include:
- 106,000 caused by adverse drug effects of drugs that were prescribed inappropriately by physcians
- 7,000 medication errors in hospitals alone
- 20,000 other errors in hospitals
- 80,000 hospital-based infections
- 12,000 unnecessary surgeries
de Wet, Pieter, MD Heal Theyself: Transform Your Life, Transform Your Health, Mustang, OK: Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC, 2010